Welcome to Northwood Presbyterian Church! We are so glad you stopped by our page. We hope you will want to come and visit us sometime for worship on Sunday mornings at 11:00 a.m. I know it is not easy to step out in faith and visit a new place, but I trust that you will be well taken care of here.
Northwood is a Presbyterian Church, a member of the Presbyterian Church, USA. One of the most important tenants of our polity (or the way we govern ourselves) is that we are led not only by a pastor, but by a board of Ruling Elders, elected from the congregation to serve and guide us. As the pastor of Northwood, I am a Teaching Elder in the Presbyterian Church USA. This means our leadership is shared. It is not my church, it is ours together.
I love my job! As a pastor, I have the opportunity to wear many hats, to participate fully in the life and witness of the congregation, and to help guide the congregation as we follow Christ’s call. I was drawn to Northwood because of Northwood’s warm and loving community, and our commitment to Christ and one another. Here are a few things you may want to know about me!
- I moved to Texas in 2012 after living my whole life in places where there are four seasons and piles of snow in the winter! I am learning how to be a Texan.
- My husband, Elias Cabarcas, and I met in Colombia, where he was born and lived his whole life until we were married.
- Elias and I have two wonderful boys, born one year apart. Clayton, and Samuel. Clayton was born in June of 2011 and Samuel was born in June of 2012!
- Elias has two older children, Ruben Dario, and Alexandra, who live in Colombia with their mother. It is such a joy when all four siblings and half siblings can visit Skype!
- I received my Master of Divinity from Princeton Theological Seminary in Princeton, New Jersey (where there is a lot of snow!) and my Undergraduate Degrees from Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan (where there is even more snow!)
-I love to cook, crochet, read, write, and spend time with my husband and boys!
Please free to visit my personal website or my cooking blog!
Please let me know how I can be of service to you. The easiest way to contact me is via email at pastor [at] npcsa [dot] com.
I look forward to hearing from you soon or seeing you in worship!
with Grace and Peace,